North West Rubber Ltd., was founded in 1968 in Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada and is one of the largest rubber mat manufacturers in the world. Our product is distributed all over the world and the markets NWR services include: Agriculture, Recreational Flooring, Commercial Flooring, Playground, Pet, Construction, Industrial, Traffic Safety, Marine, Solar, Manufacturing, Synthetic Turf, and Landscaping. NWR was founded on the principles of hard work, honesty, determination, environmental stewardship, and ensuring that we do everything possible to take care of our customers. And while the business has grown and changed significantly over the years, the core values and principles that we espouse today remain unchanged.
- Perform safe work practices as well as safe operation of vehicles, power tools and equipment
- Lead and assist in the installation, examination, replacement or repair of electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic, and coaxial assemblies, lighting fixtures, and other electrical components
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance program (inspection and examination of machinery and equipment) and accurately filling out records.
- Read blueprints and schematics, trouble shoot and problem solve to maintain and repair equipment and controls.
- Clean and organize shop and other areas of the plant
- Check forms of communication daily regarding repairs needed
- Record and document all servicing
- Keep an inventory of parts necessary to perform duties
- Increase knowledge of operating systems
- Sustain 3.5% or less absenteeism
- Perform other work related duties as assigned, including other mechanical maintenance type work
- Industrial Electrician trade certification
- Experience with PLCs an asset
- Able to work unsupervised
- Must possess mechanical abilities and manual dexterity
- Able to endure physical labour and perform shift work
- Able to identify new opportunities for improvement
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Must work well with others
- Forklift and Scissor lift certificate
$31.00 to $38.00 /hour